Delhi, Nov. 25
With the consideration of TRAI Recommendation on “Ensuring Adequate Numbering Resources for Fixed Line and Mobile Services” Department of Telecommunications has taken the decision of implementing the following:
- All Fixed to Mobile calls will be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021.
- There will be no change in dialing plan from fixed to fixed, mobile to fixed and mobile to mobile calls.
- Suitable announcementwill be made for the same. This announcement shall be played whenever a subscriber dials a fixed to mobile call without prefixing ‘0’.
- All fixed line subscribers will be provided with ‘0’ dialing facility.
- A total of approximately 2539 million numbering series is expected to be generated from the above. This will free up sufficient numbering resources for future use.
- With the freeing up of sufficient numbering resources, more number ofconnections can be added in future which will be beneficial to the mobile customers at large.
- The above changes have been done in order to have minimum inconvenience to the subscribers and freeing up essential numbering resources.